Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wrapping up the First Semester

It's hard to believe I'm 1/4 through my education at NYAA. It's been a great semester.

Towards the end of the semester, our school held the Deck the Walls event, where the main gallery was covered in student, faculty and alumni artwork, all less than 14" large. There were also male models posing with angel wings and some of the students were painting them. The work on the walls and the "angel" paintings were all for sale the benefit the school. I met a local artist who does nude and travel photographs (figuresofgrace.com and figuresofgrace.blogspot.com) who was buying some art. He posted a picture of me and pictures of the event on his blog.

Here is my final drawing for Drawing I class.



And here are some views of my final sculpture for Composition and Design.





And a picture of me talking about my piece in the final critique.



Here is a piece being molded in a mold-making workshop the school held for us.



And here is a clay sketch I did mid-semester.





That's all for now. The semester starts again soon and hopefully I'll have some more images for you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. i really like your final sculpture, i like the feeling of movement it gives, and even the shadow of the sculpture kinda gives it an extra element

    ReplyDelete